Applying for & Requesting Services

Getting started with our department takes only three easy steps:

1. Apply.

You must apply with the department in order to receive services. You can do this by:

  • Calling the department at (937) 512-5113 (V) or (937) 512-3096 (TTY)
  • Visiting the department office on Sinclair’s Dayton Campus
  • E-mailing the Disability Services Manager, Holly Brown-Wright

You must provide documentation verifying your disability. More information about the necessary documentation can be found here.

For information about Disability Services at your location, contact
Kai Shemsu, Counselor
(513) 339-1212, fax: (513) 204-0038, e-mail

2. Meet with a Counselor.

After applying, you will be scheduled for an intake appointment with a Disability Services Counselor.

3. Request Services.

This can be done by seeing your counselor during the first week of the quarter with your course schedule. You must request services for each term individually. See the list of Service Request Time Frames below.

Service Request Time Frames

You must apply for services and request academic adjustments in a timely manner before the next academic term. Some academic adjustments such as audio textbooks and computer adaptations may take significant lead time to be ready in time for effective use.