Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa is the International Honor Society of Two Year Colleges. It provides recognition for students enrolled in degree programs at accredited community colleges. Eligible students become a part of a large, dynamic honor society upon induction.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Receive a Society Lapel Pin
- Access to College Fish (a transfer and scholarship locator)
- Inclusion in publications of the society, including Note Bene
- Graduation Regalia (gold satin Phi Theta Kappa stole, tassel and cords)
- Members are also eligible for over $36 million transfer scholarships to more than 600 senior institutions including: University of Dayton, University of Cincinnati, Wittenberg University, Wright State, Xavier University and Urbana University.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
- 12 credit hours completed at Sinclair Community College
- Cumulative 3.5 or higher GPA (at Sinclair)
- One time $85 membership fee (payable via www.ptk.org)
Nu Pi is the Phi Theta Kappa Chapter at Sinclair Community College. We hold inductions for new members during the Fall and Spring semesters, provide linkage to the Phi Theta Kappa headquarters and promote the four Hallmarks (service, leadership, fellowship and scholarship) at our meetings, activities, and programs. For up-to date information on events follow the Phi Theta Kappa - Nu Pi Facebook page.