Academic Intervention, Probation, Dismissal
1. All students must maintain a minimum academic performance of at least a 2.0 GPA cumulatively (2.0 or greater).
2. Students will be placed on the following academic standards:
- First semester below 2.0 GPA - Academic Intervention
- Second consecutive semester below a 2.0 GPA - Academic Probation
- Third consecutive semester below a 2.0 GPA - Academic Dismissal
3. Students will be returned to good academic standing when a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater is earned.
4. Students who are on academic intervention will receive correspondence that refers students to academic counselors, faculty advisors, and Students Services for advising, academic assistance, and information on the impact on financial aid.
5. Students who are on academic probation must be seen by an academic counselor or faculty advisor to:
- register or add classes
- receive additional support information or assistance.
6. Students whose quarter GPA is 2.0 or greater, but whose cumulative GPA would cause them to be dismissed, will be granted an additional probationary period for each quarter in which the quarter GPA is 2.0 or greater.