Name, Address, and Telephone Number Changes

Students may make name, address, and telephone changes in one of several ways.  Once you have filled out the request and your name has been updated, you will need to call the Helpdesk at 512-HELP to update your email address.
***If you have not attended Sinclair within the last year you are required to fill out an application to update information.  Forms below will not be accepted.

Indicate the change on the registration form and check the appropriate change box.

  1. Complete the on-line Change of Information form  and send it to us electronically. This may take 3-5 business day to process.
  2. Complete a Name, Address, Telephone Number Change Request form. Present the Request form and photo identification at the Registration Office or send it to us by snail mail.
  3. Present photo identification at the Registration Office and make the change in person.
  4. Send a request in writing to the Registration Office. Include former name, current name, social security or student ID number, previous address and telephone number, current address and telephone number, and legal signature.

Veterans must report the change to the Veterans Office, Room 10-324. A change of address does not change a student's residency to a lower tuition status. Student must make separate application. Click here for information about change of residency for tuition purposes.

Documentation Required for Name Change
Marriage: Copy of marriage certificate or license or driver's license and Social Security card with new name
Divorce: Copy of divorce decree, court entry or order of legal name change
Legal Name Change: Court order of legal name change

*No documentation is required if going from middle initial to middle name or vice versa.