Steps for Degree Seeking
For students pursuing a certificate or degree, transferring to Sinclair, or if you have attended Sinclair after an absence of one year or more.
All steps can be completed at any Sinclair location.
Important Information about Life and Health Sciences Programs: The Life and Health Sciences (LHS) Programs consist of open enrollment (general education and division specific courses) and program specific courses with limited enrollment. The open enrollment courses may be taken prior to entry into the limited enrollment courses. To qualify for entry to limited enrollment courses, please see the program specific information packet located on each LHS program's webpage.
APPLY TO SINCLAIR
There are three ways to apply:
- Online – at www.sinclair.edu/applynow
- Mail – send the application to the address provided on the application
- In Person – drop off the application at the New Student Enrollment Center, Building 10, Floor 4, Dayton Campus or at the main desk at any Sinclair location.
You will receive an acceptance letter within one week.
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA application online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
(Sinclair’s school code: 003119) and Sinclair’s Financial Aid & Scholarships application. For more information about financial aid
or to attend an on campus FAFSA workshop (Dayton Campus), call (937) 512-3000.
You must take the placement test unless you fit the exemption criteria below.
Take the placement test at the New Student Enrollment Center, Building 10, Fourth Floor Lobby, Dayton Campus or at any Sinclair location. Math, reading, and writing assessment scores are used for course placement only. You must bring a photo I.D. to take the test. The Placement Test requirement will be waived if you:
- Submit transcripts – To transfer college credit to Sinclair, have your previous college(s) send your official transcript(s) to Sinclair Community College, Registration & Student Records, 444 West Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460.
- Submit ACT scores – If you completed the ACT within the last two years, you may be exempt from some, or all, portions of the placement test. Scores must be at or above the following levels: (Math >= 22*, Reading >= 21, Writing >= 18).
*Students who meet the minimum score may still wish to test for higher math placement.
ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Staff at the New Student Enrollment Center will schedule you for this mandatory information session.
MEET WITH ACADEMIC ADVISOR
An advisor will help you select appropriate courses based on educational goals and placement test results.
DEVELOP CLASS SCHEDULE
View current classes and check space availability using our online course schedule
. Staff at Sinclair Central
(Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus) will help you select days, times, and sections of courses, and show you how to register online.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
There are two ways to register:
- Online – log on to the Course Schedule Planner with your my.sinclair username and password to access your MAP. Search courses, select class days, times and locations, then choose Register Online.
- In Person – go to Registration & Student Records, Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus or any Sinclair location.
All first-time registrants incur a one-time, non-refundable registration, records and ID fee of $20.
GET TARTAN CARD
Pick up your Tartan Card (Student ID) from Registration & Student Records, Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus, or at any Sinclair location, after you register for the first time.
PAY FOR CLASSES
There are four ways to pay:
- Online – using any computer with Internet access, log on to my.Sinclair (click on Financial Information, select Make Payment, then Finances, and Pay Now)
- In Person – go to the Bursar’s office, Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus or at any Sinclair location
- Mail – send a check made out to Sinclair Community College to: Bursar’s office, Sinclair Community College, 444 West Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460
- FACTS Tuition Payment Plan – facts.sinclair.edu