- Take time for yourself. Treat yourself well and pay attention to your personal needs and enjoyment.
- Start and maintain a realistic exercise schedule. Participate in activities you enjoy that will also get you moving. Exercise is one of the best rememdies for stress.
- Socialize with friends and family. Your support network can help keep your stressors in perspective.
- Remind yourself of your personal strengths. Some people find it reassuring to keep a list of things they do well to give themselves a motivational boost when life becomes overwhelming.
- Encourage a sense of humor. A good laugh is a great way to keep your perspective in check.
- Keep your eye on your goal. Remember why you are working so hard and consider how good it will feel when you reach your goals.
Sinclair Community College
Room 11346, 444 West Third Street
Dayton, OH 45402
937-512-3700, Fax: 937-512-5054