- Take time for yourself. Treat yourself well and pay attention to your personal needs and enjoyment.
- Start and maintain a realistic exercise schedule. Participate in activities you enjoy that will also get you moving. Exercise is one of the best rememdies for stress.
- Socialize with friends and family. Your support network can help keep your stressors in perspective.
- Remind yourself of your personal strengths. Some people find it reassuring to keep a list of things they do well to give themselves a motivational boost when life becomes overwhelming.
- Encourage a sense of humor. A good laugh is a great way to keep your perspective in check.
- Keep your eye on your goal. Remember why you are working so hard and consider how good it will feel when you reach your goals.
Stress Management Techniques
Did You Know?
Sinclair's student/faculty ratio of 19 to 1, among the lowest at Ohio's colleges, allows students to receive more individual attention.
Sinclair has established more than 100 transfer agreements to assist students in transferring to other colleges.
Sinclair is the largest regional provider of online education, with more than 180 different online courses.
Sinclair awards on average $80 million in financial aid and scholarships each year.