Network Engineering Entry Level NEEA.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 10 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Computer Information Systems
Effective as of Fall 2017
Become a Cisco Certified Entry Level Networking Technician (CCENT), by preparing with this certificate.
What is the program about?
This certificate program will provide the student with networking skills taught via the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum. The Cisco Certified Entry Level Networking Technician (CCENT) designation validates the ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network including basic network security. With the CCENT, a networking professional demonstrates the skills required for entry level network support positions. The curriculum covers networking fundamentals, wide area network (WAN) technologies, basic security and wireless concepts, routing and switching fundamentals and configuring simple networks. The CCENT is the first step towards achieving the CCNA designation.
- Use basic operating system commands for multivendor routers and switches to manipulate files and directories and perform basic software configuration, troubleshooting and programming.
- Describe the operations of reference models and identify the application and services provided by the TCP/IP protocol suite. Demonstrate how communications works in data networks and the Internet.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills as well as teamwork skills in the delivery of customer service project planning and completion in an IT business setting.
- Perform basic network configuration tasks for routers and switches in a small to medium size network.
This certificate will help prepare students to work in the IT Industry and, specifically, in the networking infrastructure area within medium and large networked organizations. The courses will help prepare students for the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) exam and designation. This is a valuable credential for those seeking employment in this area.
This certificate will help students prepare for the Cisco Certified Entry Level Networking Technician (CCENT) certification.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog