Medical Scribe MS.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 18 - 19 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Effective as of Fall 2017
What is the program about?
Medical Scribes are individuals trained in medical documentation who assist a physician. They serve as part of the health care team, whose primary goal is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician. A Medical Scribe's position is highly dependent on the physician, physician group, and setting/hospital in which the scribe is employed. In addition, this certificate will prepare the student to become a *Certified Medical Scribe Apprentice (CMSA).
- Demonstrate skills in medical documentation.
- Utilize the basic concepts of medical billing and coding as they relate to the medical scribe.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of a medical scribe and the basic knowledge and skills required to be successful in the industry.
- Demonstrate professionalism including knowledge of cultural competence, self care and communication skills including basic computer literacy.
Medical Scribes are employed in a variety of healthcare facilities, including physician offices, clinics, and hospitals.
- Students will need a background check prior to clinical.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
None at this time.
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog