Human Resource Management HRMT.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 18 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
This certificate provides the opportunity to develop and refine human resources skills. The curriculum covers laws and regulations related to employment, implications of decisions and their effect on business as well as employee motivation. Also addresses human resource applications in strategic human resource management, workforce planning and employment, human resource development, total compensation and rewards, employee and labor relations and risk management. Contemporary approach to human resource management using a diagnostic model of internal and external influences.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human resource methods used to create, maintain and improve positive and diverse work environments.
- Apply proper oral and written communication, quantitative methods, critical thinking, research, ethics, computer literacy skills and global citizenship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human resource management concepts particularly in context of mission, values, goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary approaches to human resource management and organizational success.
Students completing this certificate will be qualified to apply for Human Resource Specialist positions, in some cases, or will be prepared to further their studies in the human resources area within a four-year institution.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog