Short-term Technical Certificate - 3 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
This program is intended to provide expanded skills among health care professionals as well as current Health Sciences students to increase marketability for employment. Electrocardiography (ECG) Technicians operate equipment that records and measures heart activity. These measurements are used to assist cardiologists and other physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) problems. Students who complete this program will receive a Short-Term Technical Certificate in Electrocardiography.
- Perform 12-lead electrocardiography under the supervision of an ECG tech in a medical facility.
- Describe the structure and general functions of the cardiovascular system.
- Perform a 12-lead ECG tracing on patients.
- Correlate the events in a cardiac cycle to the physiological findings in the ECG tracing.
- Interpret basic rate and rhythm disturbances of an ECG tracing.
- Identify the major components and their functions of single and multiple lead ECG equipment.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog