Drafting and Design Technician DDT.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 31 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Effective as of Fall 2017
What is the program about?
The Drafting and Design Technician Certificate is an introduction to the industrial design process and computer-aided drafting and design. Students are exposed to the latest versions of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Unigraphics, and SolidEdge Basics. This program provides the skills and training necessary for introductory employment in the engineering field, including engineering aid, design draftsperson, or CAD operator.
- Function effectively as part of a design team.
- Communicate effectively, orally, in writing and graphically, on an interdisciplinary team as a design technician using appropriate CAD tools.
- Design in detail individual parts and components from functional sketches by an engineer and model them using a three-dimensional geometric modeler.
This program provides the skills and training necessary for introductory employment in the engineering field, including engineering aid, design draftsperson, or CAD operator.
- Students who enroll in the Drafting and Design Technician Certificate must be an inmate at one of the participating correctional facilities: Dayton Correctional, Southeastern Correctional, Allen Correctional, Pickaway Corrrectional, or Ohio Reformatory for Women.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog