CPA Exam Eligibility: Business Component CPABUS.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2017
Obtain the business courses necessary to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam in Ohio if you have a non-business bachelor's degree.
What is the program about?
In order to be eligible to sit for the CPA examination in the state of Ohio, a candidate must fulfill the basic requirements in both business and accounting courses. This certificate is designed for the student to obtain the business courses necessary to sit for the CPA exam. It will provide the pathway for a student who has earned a non-business bachelor's degree to transition to a career in accounting.
- Analyze the impact of basic business transactions on the financial statements of a corporation.
- Define the terms and identify generally accepted principles and contemporary approaches in management.
- Define basic economics terms and concepts, including resource allocation, scarcity and choice, equilibrium, efficiency, positive and normative economics, comparative advantage, and specialization.
- Describe how businesses operate in an ethical and socially responsible manner within the American legal system and regulatory environment.
Employment opportunities in addition to accounting firms, exist in private business and industry as well as not-for profit and governmental organizations. Positions available to graduates include staff accountant, cost accountant, payroll accountant, auditor, tax accountant and financial analyst.
Completion of the CPA Exam Eligibility: Business Component and CPA Exam Eligibility: Accounting Component certificate along with a bachelor's degree will allow students to sit for the CPA exam in Ohio.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog