Law Enforcement CJLES.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 33 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Criminal Justice Science
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
This certificate prepares the learner for future training and education in the field of law enforcement. The certificate enhances law enforcement professional skills and knowledge. It may assist the student in performing well in future civil service examinations for employment or promotion. All courses in this certificate apply toward the Associate of Applied Science degree in Law Enforcement, if desired.
- Examine the past and present structure of the federal, state and local jurisdictions and the criminal justice components and the influence on law enforcement and society.
- Demonstrate the entry-level skills of administering, leading and supervising for the three criminal justice components and explain how law enforcement in collaboration with courts and corrections provide criminal justice services.
- Explore the development of law and explain the application of constitutional and case law by law enforcement in the criminal justice process.
- Assess the codes of ethics for law enforcement and demonstrate the characteristics of law enforcement professionalism.
A broad range of career opportunities are available in the area of criminal justice/law enforcement including those in court systems, court administration, patrol, victim services, investigation, and probation/parole.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog