Business Information Systems/Medical Office Specialist BUMS.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 31 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Business Information Systems
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
In this one-year certificate, students will work with various software applications, learn medical terminology, and take records management, medical office, and customer service courses that prepare them to work in a medical office environment.
- Explain the flow of information, media and documents throughout the life cycle; input, processing, output, distribution, use, storage, retrieval and disposition.
- Use specialized terminology effectively.
- Identify good human relations skills in various settings such as one-to-one team, and groups.
- Assess business problems using analytical and critical thought processes to identify the best technology solution.
- Recognize quantitative skills appropriate to business information occupations.
- Identify appropriate customer service skills in a variety of settings such as face-to-face, telephone and online.
Employment opportunities include medical office receptionists, secretaries, billing/insurance clerks, and medical office administrators in physician's offices, urgent care centers, managed care organizations, laboratories, nursing homes and hospitals.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog