Associate of Individualized Study AIS.S.AIS
Associate of Individualized Studies - 60 Credit Hours
Division: Provost Office
Department: Prior Learning
What is "Associate of Individualized Study"?
The Associate of Individualized Study (A.I.S.) degree is open to any student who wishes to design an interdisciplinary degree program using liberal arts or combining liberal arts with technical areas of study. As an alternative, part of the student's degree requirements may incorporate credit awarded through articulation agreements with community education providers or a combination of both. The student may focus specifically on education for individual development and enrichment or may design a curriculum that allows for employment or continuation into selected four-year degree programs.
- Demonstrate the interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary aspects of the chosen career fields. Utilize processes deemed appropriate by the Prior Learning Coordinator focusing on lifelong learning skills.
- Effectively communicate in a variety of ways using written, oral, listening, reading, computer, and Indicate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation. Portray cultural competence and sensitivity in a professional setting.
- Effectively communicate in a variety of ways using written, oral, listening, reading, computer, and information literacy skills. Plan an individual course of study, including a timetable and appropriate learning methodology for achievement.
- Effectively communicate in a variety of ways using written, oral, listening, reading, computer, and Retrieve, create, organize, analyze, disseminate and communicate information using technology.
Formal articulation agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair programs and courses will transfer to other institutions.
- ATS/AIS Coordinator approved ATS/AIS application
||Effective Public Speaking
||English Composition I
||Ohio Transfer Module: Mathematics Elective
||(Ohio Transfer Module: Natural & Physical Sciences Elective OR Ohio Transfer Module: Social & Behavioral Sciences Elective OR Ohio Transfer Module: Arts & Humanities Elective)
||AIS Related Electives
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule