What is PSEO?
The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program (PSEO) allows Ohio high school students to enroll in college-level courses and receive college credit and/or high school graduation credit through their successful completion. The program promotes rigorous academic pursuits and exposes students to options beyond the high school classroom.
Whom does PSEO serve?
PSEO serves students who are in grades 9 to 12 and reside and attend high school in the state of Ohio.
- PSEO is open to students in grades 9 to 12 who are enrolled in a public, community, nonpublic high schools and homes schooled students.
- Student must reside and attend school in the state of Ohio.
- Student must have permission from parents and high school counselor to apply.
- Student must take the Sinclair Placement Test or submit ACT scores.
For NonPublic Students
- All of the above, but student must also submit an Ohio Department of Education (ODE) Acceptance Letter.
- ODE application must be completed and submitted between May 15 and June 15 of each year.
- Student must test during this time and qualify before submitting application to ODE.
- ODE application must be signed by PSEO Coordinator before being mailed.
- Responsibility lies with the parent to submit to ODE.
How to apply
- Talk to high school guidance counselor and parent about your interest.
- Complete a Sinclair Community College PSEO specific application by May 1.
- Submit ACT scores with PSEO application or wait to receive Test Pass in the mail to take the placement test to determine eligibility.
Hours of Operation and Location
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options program (PSEO) is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Room 12331, Dayton campus
PSEO students can take classes at any of the Sinclair Campuses if the course is offered: Dayton Campus, Englewood Learning Center, Huber Heights Learning Center, Preble County Learning Center or Courseview Campus in Mason.
Sherry M. Holley, Coordinator
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program
School & Community Partnerships Division
Sinclair Community College, Dayton campus
444 West Third Street, Building 12, Room 12331
Dayton, OH 45402-1460
P: 937-512-2461 | F: 937-512-3432
Students who return the following year are considered a continuing student and must complete a PSEO application each year to participate. Students must maintain a 2.0 g.p.a. at the post-secondary level to continue.