Individual Web Pages are to be used to support the learning, research, and community/public service mission of the College and all administrative functions that support this mission. The College encourages the use of individual web pages to share information, to improve communication, and to exchange ideas in support of these purposes. Examples of individual web page use include: an informational page created by a faculty member for a group of students; an informational page created by a staff member for other Sinclair staff members; and an informational page created by a faculty member related to his/her subject area expertise. Examples of materials for which individual web pages are NOT to be used include: family pictures; pet pictures; and ads to sell items.
Individual web space is NOT for departmental web pages. Departmental pages should be published to the external web server, www.sinclair.edu.
Individual web space is NOT available to student employees.
The pages are for the individual use of Sinclair faculty and staff and do not represent a position, opinion, or endorsement of Sinclair Community College. Views and opinions expressed on individual web pages of Sinclair Community College faculty and staff are strictly those of the page authors. Sinclair Community College page owners are responsible for the content of their pages and are subject to all applicable College policies and public laws including but not limited to:
- Acceptable Use of Information Technology policy
- Campus Access Policy
- Employee and Student Harassment policies
- All applicable copyright laws
- Federal, state and local laws
- Your available individual web space is 25 Mb.
- You can request individual web space online at http://our.sinclair.edu/sites/people/index.cfm.
- Your web space will be available three (3) business days after your request. You will receive a confirmation email when the space becomes available.
- Requests for additional server space beyond the default limit must be coordinated through the IT Help Desk and require written approval from the appropriate Dean or Director.
- There is no cost to for this service.
- Your individual web space is active as long as you are an active Sinclair faculty or staff member (full or part-time) and you have not violated any applicable College policies or public laws while using the individual web space service.
- The URL for the Sinclair individual web pages is people.sinclair.edu. The format for your individual URL is people.sinclair.edu/your network username (minus the dot). For example, John Doe's individual URL would be: people.sinclair.edu/johndoe. The format of the URL is tied to the individual's username and cannot vary from that format. If a user requests, and is approved for, a change to his/her username, he/she may also request that his/her URL for individual Web space be changed to match. Changes in links that reference that revised URL are the responsibility of the user.
- The College will NOT host domain names other than sinclair.edu.
- Technical support documents including information on supported web technologies can obtained from the IT Help Desk or found at http://www.sinclair.edu/people/support/index.cfm. Contact the Professional Development Center (PDC) or QA & IT Learning for any available web-related training.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of your individual web space including but not limited to: broken links; outdated content; and outdated graphics. The College is not responsible for maintaining your individual web space.
- Your individual web space is viewable on the Internet not just the college Intranet.
- IT will maintain backup copies of your individual web pages. However, in order to assure proper backup and quick recovery, you should also maintain your own backup copies.