To promote cross-cultural understanding and education between the African American, Appalachian, Latino, Native American, and all other ethnic communities in the Miami Valley area. REACH provides an integrated exploration of the similarities and the diversities of these cultures, by studying the arts and humanities, beliefs and traditions of these groups.
Celebrating our African American, Appalachian,
Latino, Native American,
and all other ethnic communities and the rich commonalities they share
Because we believe...
- Understanding who we are enhances our quality of life.
- Understanding the culture of others adds to a community’s well being.
- That which unites us is greater than that which divides us.
- Sharing cultures has deep intrinsic and economic values which deeply influence the social fabric of the Miami Valley area.
- That open discussion, study, and communication can lead to understanding.
- That growth and renewal can be fostered by the arts and humanities.
- That objects have value, and we need to treasure the objects that represent our heritage (songs, stories, quilts, carvings, etc.).
- That exploring the common cultural heritage of our past is vital to our future.
For conference information contact:
REACH Across Dayton Project Coordinator,
Art Department, Sinclair Community College
444 West Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460