- Dayton Council on World Affairs
- Sinclair encourages participation of this program to promote international understanding in the Dayton area and cohosts a monthly international forum..
- Dayton Sister Cities Committee
- Participation in this organization allows the college to have exposure with Dayton's sister cities (Augsburg, Germany; Halon, Israel; Monrovia, Liberia; and Oiso, Japan) and share in the management and operation of sister city programs.
- India Foundation of Dayton
- The college cosponsors Indian cultural and artistic programming for the local community.
- Community Colleges for International Development (CCID)
- The CCID provides technical training, professional development, and opportunities for international study and exchange. Being a member of the CCID, Sinclair centers on developing and participating in foreign economic development programs giving our faculty the opportunity to have an international growth experience while sharing their expertise abroad.
- American Council on International Intercultural Education (ACIIE)
- This organization's main focus is promote international education and services. The Sinclair College ACIIE membership focuses on developing grant proposal to help internationalize the curriculum.
- Midwest Institute
- The Midwest Institute for International/Intercultural Education (MIIIE) is a self-funded consortium consisting of two-year colleges located in the midwest. As a member of the Institute, Sinclair develops international modules to be inserted into existing courses, thus adding an international dimension to the curriculum. In Fall of 1999, Sinclair will be the regional host of an international workshop which showcases the use of educational technology in the delivery of international education.
- Dayton Peace Accords Project
- Sinclair parcipates in sharing ideas and the development of various programs for the Bosnia Peace Accords. Recent activities include a visit of the Friendship Force, a business development mission led by Dayton mayor, Mike Turner, and a management training program for young Bosnians funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The Sarajevo symphony has been invited to perform in Dayton and New York City.
The Dayton International Peace Museum is a non-profit, all volunteer organization and one of the few community-based institutions with a focus on peace in the United States. Our educational programs and exhibits are non-partisan and feature themes of nonviolent conflict resolution, social justice issues, international relations and peace.
Did You Know?
Sinclair's student/faculty ratio of 19 to 1, among the lowest at Ohio's colleges, allows students to receive more individual attention.
Sinclair is one of only 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in the U.S. and Canada, named for our "outstanding record of achievement in learning-centered education."
Out of 1,200 community colleges in the nation, Sinclair is one of 20 board member colleges of the League for Innovation in the Community College.
Sinclair has established more than 100 transfer agreements to assist students in transferring to other colleges.