For Students Who Live Beyond 60 Miles from Sinclair's Dayton Campus
- Step 1: Read and agree to the Proficiency Testing Policies on the Proficiency Testing page.
- Step 2: Find out if a test is available. Check the Proficiency Test Availability by Course list to see courses available for proficiency tests. To inquire about a particular course that is not on the list, contact Prior Learning Assessment Programs at 937-512-2800.
- Step 3: Contact your academic coach to confirm suitability for testing.
- Step 4: Complete the required paperwork. Fill out and submit the Proficiency Testing Application. Notification of approval or denial will be emailed to your my.sinclair email account.
- Step 5: Locate a proctor (exam supervisor). See the Proctor Information and Procedures page and follow the steps for locating a proctor to administer the test.
- Step 6: Complete the required proctor paperwork. Fill out and submit the Proctor Agreement Form. Notification of approval or denial will be emailed to your my.sinclair email account.
- Step 7: Pay the required fee. Payment instructions will be emailed to your my.sinclair email account. Costs for proficiency tests vary depending on the credit hours of the course and the time it takes to administer and evaluate the test. Fees range from $65 to $110 and above. Please note that the fee is nonrefundable.
- Step 8: Schedule an appointment with your proctor and take the test. Proficiency testing instructions will be emailed to your my.sinclair email account. Provide a valid photo ID and a copy of the ID to give to the proctor. Test results will be sent to Sinclair to be evaluated.
- Step 9: Notification of grade. Grading and posting may take up to two weeks. If you receive a passing grade (C or better), it can be viewed on Web Advisor. If you do not receive a passing grade, you will receive a letter from Prior Learning Assessment. Your grade is posted to the semester that your test was taken and graded.
Click here for printable view of the Proctored Proficiency Testing steps.
- A Master Syllabus for each course can be found through the Online Schedule Planner
- Proficiency Testing Application
- Proctor Information and Procedures
- Proctor Agreement Form
- 937-512-2990 or toll free 1-888-226-2457
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org