Proctor Information and Procedures
Students who live beyond 60 miles from Sinclair’s Dayton campus and who choose to use a proctor* are responsible for locating the proctor, scheduling appointments for tests, reimbursing the proctor for mailing expenses, and taking tests in the time allotted by class instructors. Once a qualifying proctor has been found, the student must complete Sinclair’s Proctor Agreement Form.
NOTE: Proctors may charge a fee for each test that they supervise. Students are responsible for all proctoring fees.
Locating a proctor, or exam supervisor, is usually simple. The proctor must meet the following requirements:
- The proctor must either hold one of the following positions or work at one of the following types of institutions:
- Full-time school or public librarian
- University or college testing center administrator/coordinator
- Commercial testing center
- Tutoring or learning center
- School superintendent, principal or guidance counselor
- Education director at a hospital
- Human resources training director
- Military base educational services officer
- Military base college
- Military commissioned officer of higher rank (than the student)
- Embassy educational center/officer
- The proctor cannot be any of the following:
- a current Sinclair Community College student
- a relative of the student
- a personal friend of the student
- live at the same address as the student
- a neighbor of the student
- a direct supervisor of the student
- employed by the student
- coworker of the student
- The proctor’s position/relationship with the student may not present any conflicts of interest.
- The proctor must provide a professional email account, phone number and physical work address to verify their position.
- The proctor will administer and supervise the indicated test(s), providing the student with access to the test only while the student is testing.
- The proctor may not administer the test(s) in a student’s or proctor’s home.
- The proctor will personally mail the completed test(s) back to Sinclair Community College by the specified due dates (at the student’s expense).
Test Proctoring Procedures
- The student must complete and submit the Proctor Agreement Form.
- The SinclairOnline Testing Coordinator will verify that the proctor* selected by the student meets the requirements.
- All tests will be sent directly to the approved proctor.
- The student must show a valid government-issued photo ID to their proctor and provide a copy of this ID to give to the proctor on the day of the test before the test can be administered.
- The test proctor administers the tests in a quiet and secure environment.
- The test proctor maintains the integrity of all tests.
- This includes staying with students at all times during testing.
- The proctor ensures the testing instructions are followed.
- The proctor personally mails the original tests and the student's answers back to the instructor along with the copy of the student’s ID.
- Students are only allowed access to tests when the tests are administered. No photocopies of tests or answers are permitted.
- The student is responsible for paying any fees the proctor may charge and for reimbursing the proctor for all mailing expenses.
- A new Proctor Agreement Form must be submitted if a previously approved proctor has not been utilized within the last two years.
*All proctors are subject to approval by the SinclairOnline Testing Coordinator.