Proctor Information and Procedures
Students choosing to use a proctor* are responsible for locating the proctor, scheduling appointments for tests, reimbursing the proctor for mailing expenses, and taking tests in the time allotted by class instructors. Once a qualifying proctor has been found, the student must complete Sinclair's Proctor Agreement Form.
Locating a proctor, or exam supervisor, is usually simple. The proctor must meet the following requirements:
- His/her professional position is one of the following: education official, librarian, or teacher (at a community college, university, elementary or secondary school); an education director at a hospital; a staff director, human services training director, test administrator, or educational services officer or any commissioned officer of higher rank (than the student) in the military.
- He/she is not a current Sinclair Community College student.
- He/she is not a relative of the student, personal friend of the student, direct supervisor of the student, employed by the student, coworker of the student; he/she does not live at the same address as the student; and, his/her position with the student does not present any conflicts of interest.
- He/she will administer and supervise the indicated test(s), providing the student with access to the test only while the student is testing.
- He/she will personally mail the completed test(s) back to Sinclair Community College by the specified due dates (at the student's expense).
Test Proctoring Procedures
- The student must complete and submit the Proctor Agreement Form.
- The SinclairOnline Tesing Coordinator will verify that the proctor* selected by the student meets requirements.
- All tests will be sent directly to the approved proctor.
- The student must show a valid photo ID to their proctor and provide a copy of this ID to give to the proctor on the day of the test before the test can be administered.
- The test proctor administers the tests in a quiet and secure environment, ensures the testing instructions are followed and personally mails the original tests back to the instructor along with the copy of the student’s ID.
- The test proctor maintains the integrity of the tests at all times. Students are only allowed access to tests when the tests are administered. No photocopies of tests or answers shall be made.
- The student is responsible for reimbursing the proctor for all mailing expenses.
*All proctors are subject to approval by the SinclairOnline Testing Coordinator.