For Students Enrolled through Accelerate IT
Beyond 60 miles:
- Accelerate IT students who live beyond 60 miles from Sinclair's Dayton Campus should follow these Proctored Proficiency Testing Steps.
Within 60 miles:
- Step 1: Read and agree to the Proficiency Testing Policies on the Proficiency Testing page.
- Step 2: Find out if a test is available. Check the Proficiency Test Availability by Course list to see courses available for proficiency tests. To inquire about a particular course that is not on the list, contact Prior Learning Assessment Programs at 937-512-2800.
- Step 3: Contact your admissions counselor or academic coach to confirm suitability for testing.
- Step 4: Complete the required paperwork. Fill out and submit the Proficiency Testing Application. Notification of approval or denial will be emailed to your my.sinclair email account.
- Step 5: Pay the required fee. Payment instructions will be emailed to your my.sinclair email account. Costs for proficiency tests vary depending on the credit hours of the course and the time it takes to administer and evaluate the test. Fees range from $65 to $110 and above. Please note that the test fee is nonrefundable.
- Step 6: Schedule an appointment with the evaluator and take the test. You will be notified with the name and contact information of the Sinclair faculty member who will administer the test. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for the test.
- Step 7: Notification of grade. Grading and posting may take up to two weeks. If you receive a passing grade (C or better), it can be viewed on Web Advisor. If you do not receive a passing grade, you will receive a letter from Prior Learning Assessment. Your grade is posted to the semester that your test was taken and graded.
- email: email@example.com