Online Learning from Outside of Ohio &

 Out-of-State Internships/Clinicals

Students who reside or are located outside Ohio who wish to enroll in online courses or students who wish to participate in internships/clinical placements/co-ops at a location or with an organization located outside Ohio must confirm that Sinclair Community College is permitted to offer those opportunities in their particular state. Sinclair Community College must comply with each state's requirements regarding legal authorization for participation in internships/clinical placements/co-ops and the delivery of degrees, programs, and courses.

If you wish to enroll or register for one of our online offerings or participate in an internship/clinical placement and are located in a state other than Ohio, please inquire before enrolling or registering to determine if Sinclair may offer distance learning in your state. You may email or phone (937) 512-2990 to make an inquiry.


Sinclair Community College may currently offer online courses to students in: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, *Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, *Maryland, Massachusetts,  Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming with more states pending approval or exemption.

*Indiana - This institution is authorized by:  The Indiana Board for Proprietary Education; 101 W. Ohio St., Suite 670; Indianapolis, IN  46204-1984.

*Maryland - Sinclair Online programs are registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission.


Sinclair Community College may currently offer the opportunity to participate in some internships/clinical placements in the following states:  Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, * Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas,  Utah,  Vermont,  Virginia,  West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming with more states pending approval or exemption.  You should contact or (937) 512-2990 to confirm that Sinclair may offer your specific program's clinical placement/internship in your state.

*Kentucky internships/clinical placements are only available for the Automotive Technology, Business Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Health Information Management, Medical Assistant Technology, and Physical Therapist Assistant programs.





Sinclair Community College is committed to resolving student complaints in an expeditious, fair and friendly manner.  For more information on student rights and responsibilities at Sinclair, refer to the Student Judicial Affairs Code of Conduct Handbook (pdf), and the Student Rights and Responsibilities statement.

SinclairOnline students residing outside of Ohio should resolve complaints with Sinclair by contacting us at or (937) 512-2990. Sinclair works diligently to find positive outcomes to student concerns. Please try to exhaust all possible avenues of complaint resolution before going outside of the college. However, if a complaint cannot be resolved through the Sinclair process, you may be able to file a complaint with your state. In compliance with federal Department of Education regulations, Sinclair provides a list of State Agencies (PDF) with contact information for each state. You may also contact our accrediting agency, The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission.

* Maryland:  the institution is subject to investigation of complaints by the Office of the Attorney General or Maryland Higher Education Commission.  Complaints should be directed to Maryland Attorney General; Consumer Protection Division; 200 St. Paul St.; Baltimore, MD 21202; (410)528-8662 or (888)743-0823 (toll free).