Recently, the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) selected eight Sinclair Community College faculty members as Excellence Award winners for 2009. The annual Excellence Awards honor many of the "world's best in higher education," including faculty, staff and administrators.
This year, Sinclair's winners included eight faculty members from a variety of disciplines:
- Mike Brigner, associate professor in the Paralegal program,
- Pamela Chambers, professor of Criminal Justice,
- Jessica Minor, assistant professor of American Sign Language,
- John Parcell, associate professor of Music,
- Donna Hanshew, assistant professor of Aviation Technology,
- Russell Marcks, professor of Engineering Technology,
- Joseph Giardullo, professor of Nursing,
- and, Debra Belcher, associate professor in Physical Therapist Assistant program.
According to their website, the NISOD "has emphasized the importance of teaching and leadership excellence in institutions of higher education." At Sinclair, we are proud of these individuals and all the faculty working for our students. Please join us in congratulating this year's award winners.
To learn more about our academic programs and faculty, please visit our Academic Division Webpage.
Interested in becoming part of Sinclair's award winning faculty?
Take a moment to view open employment opportunities at our Employment Website.