Student Grievance Procedures

Sinclair is committed to resolving student complaints in an expeditious, fair and friendly manner. For more information on student rights and responsibilities at Sinclair, refer to the Student Judicial Affairs Code of Conduct Handbook (pdf), and the Student Rights and Responsibilities statement.

SinclairOnline students residing outside of Ohio should resolve complaints with Sinclair by contacting us at Sinclair works diligently to find positive outcomes to student concerns. Please try to exhaust all possible avenues of complaint resolution before going outside of the college.

However, if a complaint cannot be resolved through the Sinclair process, students may be able follow one of the following processes depending on the state in which you are located.

Are you located here?

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Sinclair College is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and therefore accepts the Ohio Department of Higher Education's oversight in resolving student complaints from students taking online course or out of state field experiences in a state that is a member of SARA. Once a student has exhausted all possible avenues of complaint resolution at Sinclair, the student may file a formal complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education.

Or here?

California, Florida, or Massachusetts

You may be able to file a complaint with your state. In compliance with federal Department of Education regulations, Sinclair provides a list of State Agencies (PDF) with contact information for each state. 

You may also contact our accrediting agency, The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission.

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements