Rapid Prototyping Services
Sinclair Workforce Development offers services in Rapid Prototyping that allow your prototypes to be made quickly and inexpensively, getting your product to the market faster. Nothing communicates ideas better than a visual prototype!
Rapid Prototyping is the automatic construction of physical objects using additive manufacturing technology. The word "rapid" is relative. Construction of a model with contemporary methods can take from several hours to several days, depending on the method used and the size and complexity of the model. Additive systems for rapid prototyping can typically produce models in a few hours. However, it can vary widely depending on the type of machine being used and the size and number of models being produced simultaneously.
The use of additive manufacturing for Rapid Prototyping takes virtual designs from computer aided design (CAD) or animation modeling software, transforms them into thin, virtual, horizontal cross-sections and then creates successive layers until the model is complete. It is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) process where the virtual model and the physical model are almost identical.
The benefits of Rapid Prototyping allow you to:
· Save Money - Using rapid prototyping services will greatly reduce design iteration, production and tooling costs.
· Save Time - You can turn an idea into a prototype in days with rapid prototyping. This means that finding errors, making improvements and analyzing the end product can be done quicker, getting your product to market faster.
· Test Your Product and Improve Product Design - Use your rapid prototype to compare with other parts for compatibility and conduct performance tests.
· Catch Errors Earlier - Save thousands of dollars by discovering costly errors before the product goes into production with the help of a quality prototype.
Our Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions Rapid Prototyping equipment includes:
· Dimension SST 3D Rapid Prototyping - ABS Plastic 3D Printer; 10”x10”x12” build volume. Tolerance +/- 0.005”
· Invision 3D Rapid Prototyping Machine – Acrylic 0.003” Layer Build; 8”x10”x10” build volume
· 3D Printers
For more information about Sinclair’s Rapid Prototyping service, contact Herb Stachler at Herb.Stachler@sinclair.edu. For a cost quote, be sure to attach your STL file.