Prepare for the start of a career in the financial services industry! Entry level positions in this field include Collectors, Customer Service and Single Point of Contact (SPOC) positions. Starting pay ranges are between $15-16 an hour, plus maximum monthly incentives of up to $450.
Sinclair Workforce Development, in partnership with PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., is now offering a week-long training program:
Introduction to the Financial Services Industry - Customer Service Certification
Next Class: December 2 - December 6, 2013
This program was developed in response to a growing need for skilled individuals to perform entry-level customer service and mortgage servicing roles in a call center environment. Each segment of this program focuses on introducing time-tested, effective concepts to increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of these future financial services and customer services employees.
In addition to collaborating on the course content, PNC has committed to interview all interested program participants who successfully complete the course!
Successful graduates of this program will receive a Sinclair Community College Workforce Development Certificate of Completion and the nationally recognized Customer Service Certification (CSC) Designation endorsed by the International Customer Service Association.
Course Topics Include:
- Mortgage Industry Basics and Terminology
- Nationally Recognized Customer Service Certification Training
- Thriving in a Call Center Environment
- Preparing for Success in the Job Search, including Resume Writing and Interview Skills
- Participants must be 18 years of age on or before class end date
- Participants must have a high school diploma or GED
- Participants must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test
- Participants need basic math, reading, and computer skills and good interpersonal and communication skills
To successfully complete the program, participants must attend all scheduled classes. Participants are expected to:
- Arrive on time and remain in class until dismissed
- Actively engage in class discussions and complete all assignments
- Pass the course evaluation with a minimum of 85%
Any participant not meeting the attendance and the evaluation requirements will be dismissed from the program.
Cost is $99 per person. A limited number of scholarships are available. You may also qualify for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funding through The Job Center. For more information on WIA funding, please call the Job Center at 937-225-5531