Are you ready to create your future at Sinclair? Just click your student type to get started!
Ready to get started at Sinclair? Follow the steps below to find out how to begin your degree or certificate. All steps can be completed at any Sinclair location!
Apply for admission. Complete the paper application or online at: sinclair.edu/applynow
Apply for financial aid at: fafsa.ed.gov
- Use Sinclair code: 003119
- Complete your FAFSA as early as possible to ensure your financial aid is processed in time to pay for your classes.
Verify your username and set your password at: my.sinclair.edu
- It is important to begin checking your Sinclair email for important registration and financial aid updates.
Take the ACCUPLACER placement test.
- College-level ACT, SAT or Compass score within the last two years may also be used for placement.
- If you have transfer credit from another institution, have your official transcript(s) sent directly to: Registration & Student Records, Sinclair Community College, 444 W. Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460.
Meet with an academic advisor to develop your My Academic Plan (MAP).
Attend New Student Orientation in person or online.
- First-time-in-college students, go to sinclair.edu/orientation for more information.
Register for classes and pay tuition.
- Both can be completed in person or online at: my.sinclair.edu
Visit a Sinclair location to get your student ID and purchase your books.
- Student ID (Tartan Card)—Bring a photo ID and a copy of your class schedule.
- Buy your books at the Sinclair Bookstore or online at: bookstore.sinclair.edu
Go to your first day of classes!
Download the New Student How to Begin Checklist pdf.
Questions? Contact us at 937-512-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affordable tuition
- More than 170 degree and certificate programs
- Easy transfer to a four-year institution
- Multiple learning locations and online courses—even entire programs
- Award-winning faculty and services
- Career-oriented, pre-college and life-long learning opportunities