PTA 1000 Introduction to Physical Therapy
Purpose, philosophy, history and development of the physical therapy (PT) profession; physical therapist assistant (PTA) duties; PT/PTA relationship; essential functions; legal and ethical responsibilities and professional behaviors; function of regulatory agencies, licensing bodies and professional associations; PTA program expectations; physical therapy practice; communication basics; medical terminology.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Students will be able to identify legal and ethical responsibilities of a physical therapist assistant.
- Students will be able to identify various components of the patient examination, evaluation, and plan of care, as well as the different practice areas.
- Students will be able to identify various aspects of communication in physical therapy.
- Students will be able to identify appropriate terminology used in the medical field.
- Students will be able to identify various aspects of the field of physical therapy as well as expectations associated with the Sinclair Physical Therapist Assistant program.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2