MHT 2250 Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Mental health and mental ill-health issues related to childhood and adolescents. Etiology and treatment approaches.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Human Services and Behavioral Health
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Identify major milestones in normal child and adolescent development.
- Describe the basic dynamics and their consequences of major mental/emotional/behavioral disorders of children and adolescents.
- Describe treatment approaches for various disorders.
- Explain factors that contribute to mental health problems of children and adolescents.
- Describe causes and effects of certain dysfunctional social behaviors of children and adolescents.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3