MET 1301 SolidWorks Basics
Utilize SolidWorks mechanical design automation software to build parametric models of parts and assemblies and learn how to make drawings of those parts and assemblies. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate the ability to modify parts using SolidWorks techniques.
- Develop the effective use of the menus in SolidWorks.
- Develop an understanding of sketch planes and how to use the technique for profile modeling.
- Apply geometric constraints and dimensions for profile modeling.
- Use assembly modeling and create assembly layout sketches, placing parts into assemblies, and moving parts.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 6