MET 1131 Personal Computer Applications for Engineering Technology
Applied computer tools to solve engineering technology problems, emphasizing the integration of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and engineering research skills using the Internet. Applications of an integrated approach to research papers, engineering technology analysis, technical laboratory reports and technical presentations. One-half classroom, one and one-half lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: DEV 0015 AND MAT 0100
- Access the internet for research and problem solving.
- Utilize integrated software to prepare and communicate solutions to engineering technology problems.
- Create engineering documents using word processing, presentation graphics and spreadsheets.
- Use spreadsheets and solve problems in a variety of engineering technology disciplines.
- Research, prepare and make a presentaion on a technical topic.
Credit Hours: 1
Classroom Hours: 0.5
Lab Hours: 1.5