HIM 2278 Health Information Management Capstone
A variety of specially designed projects, student oral presentations, case studies, simulations, interviewing, resumes and two mock accreditation exams. Two lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Health Information Management
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: HIM 2145
- Compose resumes, cover letters and other necessary job- seeking correspondence.
- Successfully complete the Mock Accreditation Examinations.
- Demonstrate the personal behaviors, attitudes, and values consistent with and appropriate to the entry-level Health Information Management (HIM) professional.
- Prepare and deliver an oral presentation according to specifications.
- Develop a portfolio of experiences and achievements in the HIM field.
- Demonstrate competency by completing projects, case studies and lab simulations incorporating activities from the domains, subdomains and tasks from the national professional association.
Credit Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2