FST 2251 Fire Officer I
Management, supervision and leadership of the fire company. This course meets the requirements of National Fire Protection Association 1021, Fire Officer I.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Fire Science Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: FST 1101
- Explain the roles and responsiblities of the first line supervisor in the fire service.
- Identify various leadership styles used in the fire service.
- Demonstrate the implementation of basic company level strategic and tactical decisions within the framework of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Identify the role the company level officer has in addressing the issues of firefighter safety and health.
- Perform the routine managerial functions expected of the first line company officer.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3