ECE 1200 Observation & Assessment
Observing, documenting and assessing young children in programs of early education and care. Center observations required.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ECE 1100 AND ECE 1101 AND ENG 1101
- Demonstrate knowledge and practice of ethical standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of observation, documentation and other appropriate assessment tools.
- Identify goals, benefits and uses of assessment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of each child's characteristics and needs.
- Demonstrate understanding of diverse family and community characteristics.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4