CLT 1203 Lab for Introduction to Clinical Laboratory
Lab portion of CLT 1200 - Introduction to Clinical Laboratory.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Clinical Laboratory Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate use of personal protective equipment, explain the importance of the safety manual, and identify key elements in the following categories: biohazards, fire, electrical, chemical hazard.
- Differentiate glassware by description and use, describe types and uses of laboratory centrifuges and routine maintenance.
- Demonstrate proper use of different microscopes.
- Demonstrate proper steps necessary for Quality assurance programs established by the JCAHO, CLIA88, and explain how proficiency testing is used to verify laboratory accuracy.
- Demonstrate proper collection and processing of the following specimens: blood, urine, body fluid, sputum, stool, throat , and wound culture.
- Demonstrate proficiency in point-of-care testing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in blood collection techniques for capillary or venous blood ( syringe, vacutainer, wing infusion).
Credit Hours: 0