CJS 1106 Transition Skills
Engage students in the process of building a personal portfolio that includes career and financial goals, a professional resume, job search process, a personal budget, a savings and investment plan and access to community resource information. This course will address the process of community re-entry from a personal, social and occupational perspective.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Criminal Justice Science
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Develop effective forms of written communications to accomplish reentry goals as designed by the student and case worker.
- Demonstrate conflict resolution skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Design a personal portfolio that will include career and financial goals.
- Identify barriers that intervene with securing and retaining gainful employment.
- Assess personal and environmental risk factors that could contribute to recidivism.
- Develop a community support plan and implementation strategy.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3