CAT 2431 OSHA Construction Standards
Rules, interpretations, record keeping and standards required by Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) (29CFR Part 1926) for the construction industry to ensure employees a safe, healthful workplace. Successful completion of the course provides the 30 hour OSHA Construction Safety Card.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Describe the federal safety requirements.
- Define and use correctly the terms used in OSHA (29CFR Part 1926).
- Describe the circumstances when approved personal protective equipment must be worn and the appropriate personal protective equipment for the given circumstance.
- Identify the general safety and health provisions required during construction.
- Describe required occupational health and environmental controls.
- Describe the methods of asbestos control techniques for removal, renovation, and demolition.
- Demonstrate the use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Indicate what must be included in a general fire protection program.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2