CAT 1101 Architectural Drafting
Develop proficiency with computer drafting techniques, developing architectural drawings and coordinating a set of construction documents. Includes developing 3D visualization and architectural problem solving skills. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Review current local residential building codes and apply to residential architectural designs to determine code compliance.
- Prepare architectural drawings using manual techniques,demonstrating proper layout, line quality, lettering and other drafting techniques to properly describe a new residence.
- Research and collect data on typical building components, materials and methods of assembly in typical residential construction. Utilize collected data to inform portfolios.
- Prepare architectural drawings using computer aided drafting techniques,demonstrating proper layout, line quality, lettering and other CAD techniques to properly describe a new residence.
- Research an architect or architectural topic and prepare a written report and visual presentation of findings.
- Develop 3-dimensional visualization skills to distinguish proper documentation requirements for solving architectural problems.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2