ART 1110 Art Appreciation - Introduction to Art & Art Media
Emphasis on the language of art, exposure to many different art forms, formulative ideas about what is viewed and exploration of specific media.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Recognize and differentiate various art media used throughout history, and describe the steps in the creation of a work of art.
- Analyze and evaluate a work of art utilizing art terminology.
- Describe and discuss how iconography (of various cultures and historical periods) is used in art.
- Describe and discuss the various themes and purposes of art, as well as the motivation for art.
- Explain the organizing principles of art.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3