Expanded Functions for Dental Auxiliaries (EFDA.S.STC)
13.0 Credit Hours
The Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary (EFDA) Certificate is designed to prepare graduates for positions in private practice dental offices, dental clinics, federal, state and municipal health facilities. The Ohio State Dental Board allows Certified Dental Assistants and Registered Dental Hygienists to enroll in this training. Emphasis is placed on sealants, amalgam restorations, composite restorations and temporary restorations. Students will receive instruction and hands-on experience in restorative dentistry as it relates to expanded functions in Ohio. Once the training is complete, the student must take a state written and practical exam to demonstrate proficiency in placement of dental restorations.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Demonstrates the gold standard of care in restorative dentistry, including the application of OSHA and HIPAA regulations in providing patient care.
- Demonstrates ethical conduct in restorative care and the decision making process.
- Demonstrates social responsibility by displaying a professional commitment to continuing education and life-long learning.
- Displays effective written and oral communication with other health care providers and the public regarding the significance of restorative dentistry.