Chemical Dependency Counseling (CDC.S.STC)
17.0 Credit Hours
This series of courses meets the 270 clock hour chemical dependency specific education required by the Ohio Professional Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. It is only for individuals who have previously earned a degree in behavioral science.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Demonstrate culturally relevant individual, relationship and group counseling strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and techniques in group facilitation.
- Initiate treatment plan with client, formulating and prioritizing mutually agreed-upon problems, goals, objectives and methods.
- Describe various theories of addiction.
- Perform and document all aspects of clinical assessment except diagnosis.
- Identify major drug classification, including symptoms of abuse or addiction.
- Provide culturally relevant prevention and education raising awareness of substance use, prevention and recovery.
- Identify and evaluate ethical issues and apply the code of ethics and standards of practice to promote the best interests of the client and profession.