Business Information Systems/Medical Office Specialist (BUMS.S.CRT)
36.0 Credit Hours
In this one-year certificate, students receive specialized training necessary to work with personal computers and end-user software applications in a medical office environment.
- Explain the flow of information, media and documents throughout the life cycle; input, processing, output, distribution, use, storage, retrieval and disposition.
- Use specialized terminology effectively.
- Identify good human relations skills in various settings such as one-to-one team, and groups.
- Assess business problems using analytical and critical thought processes to identify the best technology solution.
- Recognize quantitative skills appropriate to business information occupations.
- Identify appropriate customer service skills in a variety of settings such as face-to-face, telephone and online.