Nurse Aide Training (NAST.S.STC)
4.0 Credit Hours
Provide education to individuals in the basic skills necessary to provide personal care services and activities under the delegation and supervision of a registered or licensed practical nurse to residents in a long-term care facility.
Chapter 3701-19 of the OAC for the State of Ohio establishes the requirements for Ohio’s Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation program. These requirements mandate all NAs working on a regular basis in Ohio’s LTCFs must complete an Ohio Department of Health-approved 75-hour TCEP and pass a competency evaluation test conducted by the director.
Prerequisites: DEV 0012 and DEV 0020 and DEV 0022 and DEV 0030
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the residents’ physical, emotional, social and mental health needs through trained, directed interactions.
- Exhibit behavior in support and promotion of residents’ rights.
- Assist residents in attaining and maintaining functional independence.
- Demonstrate observation and documentation skills needed in support of the assessment of the long-term care residents’ health, physical condition and well-being.
- Form relationships, communicate and interact competently on a one-to-one basis with LTCF residents as part of the team implementing resident care objectives.
|ALH 1120: Nurse Aide Training||4 credit hours|
|- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule|