Theatre Performance (THEP.S.AA)
61.0-62.0 Credit Hours
This degree is designed as a university-parallel program for students to transfer to four-year institutions. This comprehensive and intense degree is focused on student development and performance training. Classroom theory is applied in a multiple-performance theatre season. Students must pass all THE courses with a grade of C or better. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Analyze a play's structure, character, themes and production values.
- Demonstrate competency in at least two different areas within the field of theatre (Acting; Directing; Costume Design; Set Design; Lighting Design; Stage Management; Technical Direction)
- Demonstrate competency with basic audition and performance techniques.
- Evaluate the contribution of the director, actors, designers and technical crew to a live theatrical production.
- Differentiate among major periods in theatre history.