Computer Information Systems/User Support (USSU.S.AAS)
62.0-63.0 Credit Hours
Students learn hardware and software troubleshooting, personal computer and system maintenance, documentation and are prepared in logical problem solving, designing and documenting programs, computer and network operating systems and business applications using current computer languages.
- Apply programming, database, operating systems and business application skills to solve and troubleshoot business and information technology problems related to area of concentration.
- Use operating system commands to manipulate files and directories and perform systems software troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate ability to research, select, use and troubleshoot hardware and network components or connections appropriate to area of concentration.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills as well as teamwork skills in the delivery of customer service, project planning and project completion in the information technology business environment.
- Design, document and implement computer software solutions given definition of a problem and requirements for a solution.