Social Work (SWKE.S.AA)
60.0-62.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts in Social Work is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four- year university in social work or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. In addition, this degree will fulfill the requirements for the Ohio Transfer Module at other Ohio public colleges and universities.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills that a person must possess in order to be effective with multicultural clients in cross-cultural situations.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Demonstrate professional ethics, attitudes and behaviors when interacting with clients in practicum settings.