60.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts in Psychology is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year university in psychology or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Demonstrate the ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Apply the principles of psychological science to understand and address real-world situations.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Identify and describe the origins, methods, major perspectives and specialties in psychology.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.