Political Science (PLSE.S.AA)
61.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts in Political Science is designed for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue a baccalaureate degree in political science or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Apply knowledge of political structures, actors and processes to the understanding of contemporary political, social and economic issues.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy..
- Demonstrate knowledge of political structures, actors and processes in various local, national and international settings.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.