Political Science (PLSE.S.AA)
61.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue baccalaureate degree programs such as education, English, geography, history, modern languages, philosophy, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, etc. The Associate of Arts with emphasis in Political Science is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue a baccalaureate degree in political science or a degree in which political science is a strong foundation for the baccalaureate. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy..
- Demonstrate knowledge of political structures, actors and processes in various local, national and international settings.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Apply knowledge of political structures, actors and processes to the understanding of contemporary political, social and economic issues.