Computer Aided Manufacturing/Precision Machining (CAMPM.S.AAS)
69.0 Credit Hours
Graduates of the Project STEP II certificate program are candidates for completion of this two-year associate degree option in Computer Aided Manufacturing. More in-depth focus is given to enhancing communication and mathematical skills. A greater development of knowledge in industrial courses is also emphasized, including such areas as tool design, computer numerical control, jig and fixture design, process engineering and value engineering.
- Identify new changes in career field and build personal skills to maintain state-of-the-art competencies.
- Demonstrate technical engineering skills appropriate to program requirements.
- Demonstrate mathematical skills required for occupation.
- IDemonstrate applied competencies in the areas of machining applications, drafting techniques, and blueprint interpretation.
- Analyze manufacturing engineering problems (general and technical) and make appropriate decisions.